Consider how the research experience can benefit you. Here are five reasons why undergraduates should do research:
- Exploring career directions
- Building transferable skills and enhancing resumes
- Learning to publicly advocate for and defend work
- Getting a leg up on graduate or professional school
- Contributing knowledge and impacting the world
The following are structured opportunities at UC Merced to participate in and conduct impactful research
Undergraduate Research Opportunities Center (UROC):
You may also work with a faculty member on independent research for course credit through Econ 195. Once you’re in advanced standing, you may identify faculty that you’d want to work with based on your areas of interest.
Disseminate your research by publishing it in UC Merced’s Undergraduate Research Journal.
The American Economics Association also provides a list of research opportunities and dissemination for undergraduate students. Click here.